Justice, justice, you shall pursue
Congregation Beth El has a longstanding commitment to social action – setting in motion the ideals and values of our traditions through deeds of justice and compassion. Our community offers wonderful opportunities to respond to the imperfections of our world by engaging in meaningful service such as:
- Providing health care for the uninsured
- Directing charitable funds in insightful, purposeful ways
- Feeding the poor
- Advocating on behalf of the vulnerable
- Lending a caring hand to Jewish communities around the globe
- Empowering others to learn and succeed
- Supporting and comforting those in their time of need
As we pursue the important work of creating a better world, we strengthen the relationships within our congregation and broaden our connections to other communities. In doing so, we develop a better awareness and understanding of our responsibility to each other. We show that we care, mentor our children and create meaningful change.
All are invited and encouraged to participate in the work of social justice. Your ideas and suggestions are always welcome.